Our partner is looking for an experienced Core Java Developer to join their growing Product Development team in Cluj-Napoca. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. They value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
They work in small teams, grouped by business area. In the Java space, the teams are: Core, Risk Tools, Compliance Tools, Institutional Tools, Trading Tools, and Strategies. Each team is typically responsible for a set of related applications and works in tight collaboration with business owners. Our partner maintains libraries shared across the teams to enable code re-use and to have a common view on application architecture. They write extensive unit tests, and have a QA team that supports them with integration testing. They follow agile practices, tailored to the problem area and preferred team approach.
Some of the technologies they use the in development process
- Common stack: Java 8 & Java 11, Netty, Chronicle Queue, Hibernate, MariaDB, Cassandra, gRPC, Guava, Prometheus
- Big Data stack: Kafka, HDFS, AirFlow, Spark, Avro, Hazelcast, Kubernetes, Docker
- Web/UI: Spring MVC, Jetty, Mustache, JavaFX, Jackson
- Testing: Mockito, Truth, JUnit5
- Development life-cycle support: Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence, Jira, Sonar Cube, IntelliJ IDEA, your-kit
What you will do
Software Engineers in our partner’s company are working on applications that support the core business of the company. Their systems make it possible for the company to be present and competitive on exchanges worldwide. There are all kinds of code to write, from systems on (or close to) the critical path, from receiving market data to placing orders, to systems handling huge amounts of data in reliable, performant, and traceable manner.
Our partner’s future colleague will be writing code, creating new designs, and maintaining existing applications with a focus on performance and stability. Our partner’s business users are typically only a walk away, which helps to create short feedback loops and to see your changes provide value in the shortest time possible.
To enable that, they strive to follow the best software engineering practices and are supported by the best working environment, latest technology, and continuous support from all parts of our partner’s organisation.
- 5+ years post-graduation work experience
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- Core Java experience
- Experience in parallel and multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Interest in achieving maximum performance from available hardware and software
- Ability to communicate with technical and business colleagues
- Working experience in professional software development
- Fluency in English
Our partner likes to think that talent grows at the company and stays at the company. To ensure this, they provide their employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to the company’s Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology, and continuous support. They go out of their way to retain the small business feeling with which they started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and their non-hierarchical approach. They offer a competitive salary, an annual discretionary profit share, and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Our partner’s Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Home-like office and a relaxation room
- Group health insurance plan
- Meal tickets and fruit and sweet/savory snacks provided throughout the day
- Weekly chair massages
- Gym subscription
- Christmas dinner
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between their offices worldwide
- and more!
Senior/ Technical Lead - HDIMN003
5G Core Developer (functional programming) - HDTVR001
Senior Java Developer - HDBRS001
Full-Stack Developer (Java & Angular) -HDMDT003
Frequently Asked Questions
We’re commited to 100% transparency. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]
Once your friend has been hired by our customers through the Pay Forward program, you will receive the bonus in your bank account. We will sign a contract or civil agreement online, and then we will transfer your bonus as soon as the warranty period has passed.
For 1 year, your recommendation remains your recommendation. So, if you introduce us to a person who is curious about IT opportunities and they are engaged for a period of 1 year, we will contact you to give you the good news.
As long as the recommended person is hired for a job within the program, you will receive the bonus for the job they have been hired for.
We can only offer the bonus for the jobs in the program accompanied by the icon, but we are going to honor you with other valuable rewards, if there will be people in this situation.